Micromax Funbook Alpha P250Two weeks back I was in search of a cheap and best tablet. I searched for a one below the range of 5000 Rs and surprisingly I got one Micromax tablet for 4,800/- which actually costs 5,999 Rupees. I bought this Micromax Funbook Alpha P250(Slate Grey) Tablet by applying a discount coupon of 20% from Snap deal which now is not applicable. I have been using it for nearly two weeks and thought of writing my experience with it.

Main Features:
Micromax Funbook Alpha sports a 7.0 inch capacitive touch screen. It runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and is powered by 1.0 GHz Cortex A13 Processor that has 512MB RAM. Micromax Funbook Alpha has a 0.3MP front camera. It has 4GB inbuilt memory that is expandable upto 32GB via micro SD card. It supports Wi-Fi connectivity, 3G via dongle and has a battery of 2800mah. As an unique feature, it comes preloaded with educational materials for MBA and other examinations along with many exciting games. Price in India: Ranges from Rs. 6075 - Rs. 5,199
Micromax Funbook AlphaMicromax Funbook Alpha

Gaming:
I have played two games angry birds and subway surfers and had good experience only at times the touch screen is not responding but not much bad experience. Tablet at the price which I have bought could atleast give some trouble can be omitted.

Battery Backup:
I have been comfortable using it for 4 hours non stop. It gives good backup if we don't have live wallpapers and many applications running at a time. While listening to audio we can just lock the screen which minimizes battery consumption. If you're watching a movie, it will only last an hour or two. It takes forever to charge the tab to 100%. Always it showed 94% even after charging it for 5 hours.

Video and Audio Experience:
It plays 1080p videos well. I tried only few video formats and all of them played well but WMV format said nonsupporting video format. But overall video experience is good. I tested MP3 format it plays well. I bought my own headset and sound in headset is fine.

Physical Features:
Touch screen is good, but the tab is bit heavy. The area where battery is kept is becoming hot while charging and also while using. They mentioned battery becoming hot is normal during charging, but it gets hot even while using too. They gave a screen protective cover which is not much worth but something is better than nothing.

Other Experiences:
I'm using my home WiFi for now and it works great. Some times few of the apps have stopped responding I had to kill the app or sometimes had to shut down and On the device again. It supports Google play market and market recognizes the tablet. So you can buy apps and download them. E book reading is fun. The tab has 4 GB nand flash internal memory which comes preloaded with some educational stuffs which can be removed to increase the space. I watched few videos which are not much worth because they are all available n YouTube and are not complete videos they are in bits. Hopefully they should have given some nice paid material for free but then too its nice. It also has a gravity sensor, screen turns to the side where you turn.

Final Verdict
- The device is worth its value.You can buy this device if it available for any discount. I feel decent usage can increase its life.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post