How to make a bootable pen drive
Recently I had visited one of my colleague house where his operating system got corrupted. When I have kept an operating system CD in the DVD ROM it didn't work. So I thought of using my pen drive as a bootable device. But I dint exactly know how to make my pen drive bootable. After searching for a while I got a freeware which will turn your pen drive into a bootable device and what more you can comfortably install your operating system. But I read it wont support systems which are having some old motherboards or with old BIOS. So for latest systems it works. The software which I used to make my USB device as bootable was wintoflash. Just download the software and insert the pen drive and operating system CD into your DVD ROM. Next just give the paths of Pen drive and Operating system and click run within few minutes your bootable pen drive is ready. Simply restart your system remove the operating system Cd from your DVD ROM and test. 
precautions: 
  1. You need to change the first boot device by entering the setup. You need to select USB hard drive because pen drive is recognized as a drive careful not to choose USB ZIP, USB DVD ROM etc. 
  2. If you have valuable data in your USB drive please back up all the data, because while preparing a bootable device it will erase all the pre-existing data in your pen drive. 

Now when you are ready check that you will now be able to boot from your USB device. But you need to carefully read the options. Also go through the forums of wintoflash website you will find some useful information and also read carefully the word documents given along with the software it contains devices which support this software. Isn't it useful?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post